Platform Release Notes: August 16, 2017
Curious what’s new that you might find helpful as a cloud.gov user? Here are highlights from our platform updates over the past two weeks.
- Space managers can add any member of your organization to a space from the dashboard.
- Documentation for how to take snapshots and restore backups of your ElasticSearch service data.
- All customers can now use Oracle’s SE2 relational database.
- On the dashboard, new error messages alert you when you try to remove someone from your organization who still has roles in your spaces.
- Visualization of platform uptime available from the cloud.gov status page. You can see current and the previous 90 days uptime for customer applications, API, dashboard, and many other components of the cloud.gov platform.
We upgraded the Cloud Foundry deployment to v270, which remediates the following vulnerabilities:
- USN-3378-2: Linux kernel (Xenial HWE) vulnerabilities
- USN-3346-1: bind9 vulnerabilities
- USN-3347-1: Libgcrypt vulnerabilities
- USN-3349-1: NTP vulnerabilities
- USN-3353-1: Heimdal vulnerability
- USN-3356-1: Expat vulnerability
- USN-3363-1: ImageMagick vulnerabilities
- USN-3363-2: ImageMagick regression
- USN-3364-2: Linux kernel (Xenial HWE) vulnerabilities
- USN-3367-1: gdb vulnerabilities
Check out our new page on application maintenance. It explains how to restage your application and what else you should do to keep your app up to date and secure. Restaging will incorporate fixes in the base filesystem included with this release and ensure you’re running the most recent language version supported by your buildpack.