Managing user access to orgs and spaces
Make sure the user has a cloud.gov account
Anyone with a .mil or .gov account can sign up for their own cloud.gov account with a sandbox space in their agency’s cloud.gov sandbox org.
To invite someone to a non-sandbox org, including federal employees and federal contractors without .gov or .mil email addresses, send them an invite. This may prompt you to log into your cloud.gov account first.
Then, confirm with them that they have received and accepted the invite. Now they have a cloud.gov account!
Adding roles via the dashboard for users to access orgs and spaces
After a user has a cloud.gov account and has logged in, an Org Manager can assign roles using the dashboard as follows.
Managing users in your organization
Log into the Dashboard (https://dashboard.fr.cloud.gov)
- In the left menu, click on the “Cloud Foundry” text.
- Click either “Organizations” in the secondary left menu that appears or the box labeled “Orgs” in the bottom center of the screen.
- Click on the box of the organization that you want to manage users for.
- Click on either “Users” in the secondary left menu that appears or the box labeled “Users” in the bottom center of the screen.
- Click on the “Manage Roles by Username” icon toward the top of the screen.
- Type in the username that you want to either add or remove roles for in the organization, then click on the “Next” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select the roles that you would like to add or remove from the user. You may also set roles for any spaces within the organization that you would like to add or remove them from on this screen.
- Confirm your changes and selections by clicking on the “Apply” button on the bottom of the screen.
The user will immediately be granted access to (or removed from) the orgs and spaces you have set. Repeat the process to add or modify additional users and their roles and permissions.